Alright folks, well here is the rub. I’ve had this printer now since January and I have successfully made two objects…Then it clogged…after a day of success with calibration of the printer and finally adjusting my Z axis I left the printer overnight with a job well underway only to arrive the following morning to a “successful” job, at least that is what my screen said. When I went around the corner to look at the finished piece it was not by any means finished. In fact, it was about 1/3 of the way done.
I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what happened. There was no visible clog, there was no mess on the bed, nothing. So I began looking in at the print head, and after much deliberation, I found that the inner tube within the nozzle had melted.
So I sent Prusa an email, eight days later they finally wrote me back. The gladly said they would send me some new tubes. GREAT! except it wasn’t. They arrived with new instructions on how to replace the tube, easy enough I am very competent with repairs so the repair began and … promptly stopped when not one but two screws were broken within the print head.
I gave up, I didn’t want to fuss about it too much because well it was only a few months old and it was still under warranty. So I wrote Prusa again and asked them for a refund, after all, I have only successfully printed two objects and it spent 3 months broken and in pieces on my workbench. About a week later they wrote me and said they would not refund me my money but they would repair it for free.
A few days later I got another email from Prusa that they would replace the unit completely. In an effort to make this story shorter, they sent me a label and I shipped it back and I haven’t heard anything back.
I will post again when they reach back out to me. But for now, that is all I know.